Accepting Bitcoin Cash (BCH) for e-commerce
- When your customers come to checkout on your e-commerce website you can give them the option to pay with BCH.
- This is done using a Bitcoin Cash payment gateway which you’ll add to your website, letting you accept BCH payments from customers.
- The payment gateway will automatically calculate how much BCH is owed for the items in your customer’s basket.
- Then, instead of being asked to enter credit card details for the payment, they’ll see a QR code (generated by the payment gateway) which they simply scan with their own digital wallet app.
Accepting Bitcoin Cash (BCH) for in-store payments
- Whether you’re a restaurant, cafe, or retail store, you can give your customers the option to pay with BCH using your existing devices (e.g. tablets, smartphones).
- Rather than taking payment through cash or a credit card, you’ll use a point-of-sale app to take payment in BCH.
- The app will be downloaded to your device and, when customers are ready to pay, you’ll simply enter the amount owed (in your local currency) on the app.
- The point-of-sale app will then automatically calculate how much BCH is owed and a QR code will be generated on the screen of your device.
- Finally, you’ll show this QR code to the customer who will scan it using their own wallet app.
Explore point-of-sale apps
When will I receive the payment?
- Since Bitcoin Cash transactions don’t have to go through slow payment processors, BCH payments are much faster than traditional payment methods.
- If you’ve chosen to receive BCH payments to your digital wallet, the money will be with you in a few seconds.
- Or, if you’ve chosen to convert BCH into your chosen currency first, the money will land in your business bank account usually by the next working day.